Perio Protect – Avoid Periodontal Disease
Gum disease is surprisingly common and one in two Americans suffer from it. This disease is easy to ignore in the early stages because it only causes minor bleeding and sensitivity. However, if you ignore it, the disease can have serious consequences and cause permanent damage. At Brodhagen Dental Care, we recommend Perio Protect to help you avoid periodontal diseases and other related problems.
Why Do You Need Perio Protect?
- Regular dental hygiene methods like brushing and flossing only clean the surface of the teeth. Brush bristles can reach a depth of around 1 millimeter.
- Most bacteria exist 3 to 6 millimeters in the gum line and can cause bleeding, soreness, and eventual permanent damage like loss of tooth and jaw bone matter.
- Gum disease can also lead to other health problems if it is left untreated for too long.
How Does Perio Protect Work?
- Your dentist will take a mold of your teeth and create a custom tray that fits perfectly on your teeth.
- This tray acts like a gasket and pushes a special hydrogen peroxide gel into the gum line to remove bacteria that exist deep in the gaps.
- The gel eliminates bacteria and cleans the teeth better than any flossing and brushing can. This minimizes the risk of gum disease.
If you want to know more about Perio Protect, we recommend you watch this video.
Contact Brodhagen Dental Care online or call our office in Green Bay at 920-499-2121 to learn more about Perio Protect and book your consultation today.