Holiday Greetings from Our Team for a Happy New Year
Holiday greetings for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year from our team at Brodhagen Dental Care in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
As you make resolutions to improve your health and fitness, add some for a healthy mouth into the mix. Teeth are meant to last a lifetime…and healthy teeth contribute to an attractive smile.
5 New Year’s Resolutions for Your Teeth
- Make it a point to visit your dentist: Schedule dental checkups for your family at least twice a year. Preventative care and early diagnosis help reduce the risk of decay, cavities and gum disease which could all lead to tooth loss.
- Reduce your sugar intake: There is a direct connection between the amount of sugar you consume and tooth decay. The easiest way to do this is to avoid buying sugary food and drinks altogether.
- Stop smoking: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), smoking increases your risk of gum disease and many other health issues. Get professional help if you find it hard to quit by yourself.
- Eat a healthy diet: In addition to whole grains, fibrous fruit and vegetables, dairy products like hard cheeses enhance production of saliva to neutralize acids and wash away food remnants.
- Improve your brushing and flossing habits: Daily brushing and flossing is the simplest way to care for your teeth and gums. Brush twice a day and floss at least once. It can help prevent cavities, gum disease and bad breath.
To hear our New Year greetings for 2017, check out this video.
At our dental clinic, we offer a full range of pediatric and family services to improve your oral health. From preventative care to restorative treatments and cosmetic procedures, we provide the highest quality of professional attention for our patients. Schedule a dental checkup to find out how you can maintain healthy teeth and a beautiful smile.