Holiday Greetings and a Merry Christmas from Brodhagen Dental Care
Warmest holiday greetings from the entire Brodhagen Dental Care team in Green Bay, Wisconsin! We wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
As you enjoy the festivities and treats this joyous season, protect your beautiful smile by paying attention to your oral health. Over-indulgence in sweets and food takes a toll on your teeth and gums. With all the partying and late nights, oral hygiene is the last thing on your mind. Here are 5 valuable tips to show your teeth some Christmas love.
Give Your Teeth a White Christmas
- Keep sweets for meal times: Indulge in the sugar to celebrate, but preferably during or after your meals. The saliva your mouth produces at this time helps neutralize the acids. Start this practice well before Christmas.
- Say cheese: Eat a bit of cheese after the main meal. It helps the mouth return to its natural acid balance and reduces the risk of decay. You could also chew sugar-free gum.
- Stay hydrated: Drink a glass of water after consuming any sweet. It helps wash away the sugar which eventually causes decay and cavities.
- Wait for 30 minutes before brushing: Our dentists recommend waiting at least 30 minutes after eating something sweet before brushing your teeth. Sugars soften the enamel and brushing immediately could erode it.
- Stick with your oral hygiene routine: It only takes 2 to 3 minutes to brush and floss your teeth. Don’t go to bed without doing it!
To hear our special holiday greetings for Christmas, check out this video.
At our full-service dental clinic, we use the latest dental equipment and techniques, to provide top quality professional care for your whole family. Our warm and friendly environment puts kids and people of all ages at ease. Schedule a dental checkup to maintain healthy teeth and a beautiful smile before and after Christmas.