Holiday Greetings: Happy Thanksgiving from BDC
Holiday greetings from the team at Brodhagen Dental Care in Green Bay, Wisconsin! We wish our patients and their families a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
We would also like to remind you to take extra care of your teeth and gums during all the celebrations.
Here are 5 tips for a teeth-friendly Thanksgiving.
- Choose your foods wisely: Cakes and pies contain loads of sugar which is bad for your teeth. Try not to eat too much. If possible, avoid snacking altogether, save your appetite for the big Thanksgiving meal. If you must snack, fruits and veggies are a healthier alternative.
- Drink lots of water: Drink more water instead of juice or soda. It helps you eat less. Consuming water after meals washes away food remnants. It also stimulates saliva which neutralizes the acids in your mouth.
- Don’t open jars, bottles and tubes with your teeth: Never use your teeth as a bottle opener or nut cracker. Also avoid hard, sticky foods like caramel popcorn which can cause chips and cracks.
- Brush and floss: Sugary and sticky foods are plentiful during Thanksgiving. Make it a point to brush and floss after eating. This will help remove any remnants that can form plaque and bacteria.
- Make an appointment with your dentist: A dental checkup will help detect and treat cavities, gum disease or any other issue you might have.
To learn more about the origin of Thanksgiving, check out this video.
Having an attractive and healthy smile is something to be thankful about, but don’t take it for granted. Schedule a dental checkup at least twice a year to monitor teeth and gum health. Early detection and treatment will help preserve your oral health and beautiful smile.